Øyvind Eide is a professor in Digital Humanities at the University of Cologne. He holds a PhD in Digital Humanities from King's College London (2013). He has previously worked as a programmer and project manager with a focus on digital humanities and cultural heritage applications. He was the chair of The European Association for Digital Humanities (EADH) from 2016 to 2019 and is actively engaged in several other international organizations such as ICOM's International Committee for Documentation (CIDOC). He is engaged in theoretical studies of modeling in the humanities as well as beyond, with a focus on the expression of spatial information in various forms, especially the relationship between texts and maps as media of communication, and media modalities.
- Börner, Katy, Øyvind Eide, Tamara Mchedlidze, Malte Rehbein, and Gerik Scheuermann (eds.). Network Visualization in the Humanities (Dagstuhl Seminar 18482). Dahstuhl reports 8, no. 11 (2019): 139–153. Dagstuhl: Schloss Dagstuhl--Leibniz-Zentrum für Informatik.
- Ciula, Arianna, Øyvind Eide, Cristina Marras, and Patrick Sahle (eds). Models and Modelling between Digital and Humanities – A Multidisciplinary Perspective. Historical Social Research, Suppl. 31 (2018).
- Eide, Øyvind and Christian-Emil Ore. "Ontologies and Data Modeling." In The Shape of Data in Digital Humanities : Modeling Texts and Text-based Resources, edited by Julia Flanders and Fotis Jannidis. London and New York: Routledge, 2018.
- Eide, Øyvind. “Visual representations as models of the past.” Информационные технологии в гуманитарных науках. Сборник докладов Международной научно-практической конференции. Красноярск, 18–22 сентября 2017 года:15–26. Красноярск: СФУ, 2018.
- Ciula, Arianna, and Øyvind Eide. “Modelling in Digital Humanities: Signs in Context.” Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (2017) 32 (suppl_1): i33-i46.10.15252/msb.20177663.
- Eide, Øyvind. "Verbal expressions of geographical information." In New Worlds out of Old Texts: Developing Techniques for the Spatial Analysis of Ancient Narratives, edited by Elton Barker, Stefan Buzar, Chris Pelling and Leif Isaksen. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Eide, Øyvind. Media Boundaries and Conceptual Modelling : Between Texts and Maps. Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- Eide, Øyvind. “Ontologies, data modelling, and TEI.” Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative, no. 8 (2015).
- Ciula, Arianna, and Øyvind Eide. “Reflections on cultural heritage and digital humanities: modelling in practice and theory.” First International Conference on Digital Access to Textual Cultural Heritage (DATeCH), Madrid, Spain, 2014. Proceedings: 35–41.
- Ore, Christian-Emil Smith, and Øyvind Eide. “TEI and cultural heritage ontologies: Exchange of information?” Literary & Linguistic Computing 24, no. 2 (2009): 161–72.